Fabric Expansion Bellows and Joints
Wearflex® Fabric Expansion Joints consist of prefabricated bellows that absorb thermal expansions and vibrations – to hold parts together and to allow movement – as well as to compensate misalignments. They are mainly flexible connections in air, flue gas pipe and duct systems found in all kinds of industries.
When selecting a Wearflex® Expansion Joints for a specific application, the following parameters must be considered so that it can either prevent the air from coming in or coming out:
Paramaters when selecting an expansion joints.
Two types of Fabric Expansion Joints
We provide two main types of fabric Expansion Joints: Wearflex® Q-Flex Expansion Joints and Wearflex® Q-Chem Expansion Joints.
- Q-Flex Expansion Joints are very flexible and are specially designed for applications with low to moderate concentrations of aggressive components in flue gases of 250⁰C up to 1370⁰C. Basically they are for hot air ducts of dry clean flue-gas ducts.
- Q-Flex Expansion Joints are available in three standard classifications: Q-Flex LT up to 250⁰C (482⁰F), Q-Flex MT up to 500⁰C (932⁰F), Q-Flex HT up to 1370⁰C (2498⁰F)
- Q-Flex Expansion Joints can be made in all kinds of shapes and designs due to its flexible characteristics of materials.
- We can also offer and supply all our Expansion Joints pre-fabricated including steel frames and flow plates.
Q-Flex Expansion Joints standard classification by graph
- Q-Chem Expansion Joints are specially designed for applications in which resistance against wet flue gasses and a high acid content is critical. It is manufactured through the selection of appropriately resistant materials and heat-sealed for tightness.
- As we are manufacturing a 100% gastight seal, the unique shape of Q-Chem Expansion Joints is obtained by sealing specially shaped reinforcements into the base material.
- Q-Chem Expansion Joints are available in four standard classifications: Q-Flex LT up to 250⁰C (482⁰F), Q-Flex MT up to 540⁰C (1004⁰F), Q-Flex HT up to 1370⁰C (2498⁰F), Q-Chem GTX up to 650⁰C (1202⁰F) (specially developed for gas turbine outlets)
- Special designs are being made for flue gas systems with chemical or abrasive components and for systems operating under extreme conditions, by using a combination of different materials.
Q-Chem Expansion Joints standard classification by graph
Our Wearflex® Expansion Joints are vital components in most of today’s energy and industrial plants. Furthermore these bellows are mainly used in:
- Power Plants
- Gas Turbines System
- Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) Sytems
- Petrochemical and Chemical Plants
- Waste Incineration
- Non-Ferro Industry
We provide these applications in other industries as well:
- DENOX Installations
- Cement Industry
- Off-Shore Industry
- Gas Treating Plants
- Paper and Pulp Industry
- Ground Fertilisers
- Industrial Furnace Building
- Ceramic Industry
- Glass Production Plants
Operational reliability and long service life of Expansion Joints are crucial as plant shut downs, due to the failure of Expansion Joints, are extremely costly and should be shortened or avoided altogether.
KLAY EnerSol also provides complete services, including design, engineering, site installation and repair of existing Expansion Joints if applicable.
Square Fabric Expansion Joints
Wearflex® Expansion Joints