WearFlex (R) Quilted Sleeves
WearFlex (R) Quilted Sleeves are designed and fabricated to seal the gaps between individual tube penetrations through the wall or the roof of fired heater systems. They prevent cold air ingress through the resultant gaps and at the same time are flexible enough to absorb tube or header movements that are expected between cold (shut down) and hot conditions. These Quilted Sleeves are made out of high temperature resistant cloths which can withstand temperatures up to 900 deg C and are tailor-made with respect to site condition and specifications to ensure a perfect fit every time.
Features of Quilted Sleeves
- Absorbs large axial and lateral movements
- Applied in the petro(chemical) industry.
- Can be supplied open or closed, straight or tapered and with or without additional insulation layers
- Seals all kind of tube penetrations, through the wall or the roof
- Heat and weather resistant
- Prevents cold air ingress through the protrusions at the roof or floor of a furnace/ heater / boiler
- Made out of high temperature fabrics
Types of Quilted Sleeves
Quilted Sleeves vs Conventional Method !
Conventional way utilizes insulation blanket around the tube.
This method is ineffective as the gaps are not sealed fully allowing the flow of air through and around the heater/ reformer furnaces/process heaters.
Quilted Sleeves close the gap between the tube and the opening in the roof or floor of a furnace reformer, heater or boiler.
This method is ideal due to its unique characteristic to absorb great axial and lateral movement of the tubes when it expands and contracts. As a result prevent cold air ingress into the reformer furnace, heater or boiler.
How Quilted Sleeves are designed and installed?
Firstly, some details are taken into account such as :
- Process temperature
- Required cold face temperature
- Diameter of tubes
- Minimum and maximum movement of tubes
The data are then used to design & fabricate Wearflex® Quilted Sleeves in our factories and shipped to the clients.
Quilted Sleeves are wrapped around the tube and fixed with one stainless steel clamp at the tube and another stainless steel clamp is fixed permanently at the collar of the roof.
* Depending on the roof design, the fixation can be varied
Installation of Quilted Sleeves
After Installation of Quilted Sleeves
- Prevent cold ingress air through the resultant gaps thus preventing furnace efficiency reduction.
- Flexible to absorb multi-axial and lateral movements.
- Withstand temperatures up to 1370°C.
- Reduce the possibility of tube damage due to rapid quenching.
- Improve burner operation as proper stoichiometric air control can be achieved.
- Decrease heat loss from exposed tube surfaces.
- Cost effective with very fast payback on investments
- Personnel safety enhancement.